Skip to main content

Doctors give new face to man after horrible accident

  Doctors give new face to man after horrible accident   Sagaya Fernando Mumbai, 17 April 2021   A man in India who met with a horrible road accident, was not only lucky to have his life saved but also got his smashed-up face restored by an accomplished microvascular surgeon.     43-years-old Dattatreya Devkate, a resident of Saswad near Pune city in India, and a machine operator by profession was riding on his scooter on March 1 when he met with an accident. His scooter skidded after hitting another motorbike, and he was thrown in the air and fell face down on the gravels beside the road, which resulted in his face tissues being torn off.   He was immediately rushed to Grant Medical Foundation’s Ruby Hall Clinic hospital at Wanowrie in Pune, around 27 kms from the accident spot. At the hospital, Devkate was attended upon by Microvascular and Reconstructive Surgeon Dr Abhishek Ghosh.   “The patient had suffered major injuries to his face and his nose, with the lips and cheeks torn off.

Youth swallows lock, doctors cut open his throat to remove it

Youth swallows lock, doctors cut open his throat to remove it



SUPPORT MY "PATREON"
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=30745663

Sumesh Rajan

Mumbai: 25 February 2020

The life of a 22-year-old mentally challenged youth who swallowed a lock, was saved by doctors in India who carried out an emergency and challenging surgery to remove the lock that had got stuck in the man’s food pipe.

Jitendra Kumar is undergoing psychiatric treatment for his mental condition and was confined to his home at Taratand in Jhumri Telaiya town of Jharkhand state. To keep him from wandering away, his family kept him restrained with a chain and lock.

On February 13 evening at about 5 pm he somehow opened the lock and swallowed it up. Unfortunately, the 6 cms long lock got stuck in his throat and he started gasping for air. Seeing him groan in pain, his family rushed him to Sadar Hospital at Koderma, around 8.6 kms from their home. As Sadar Hospital was not equipped to treat Kumar, the doctors there referred him to Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Hospital at Ranchi, a further distance of 159 kms.

After an agonizing ride of over 4 hours, a squirming Jitendra was finally admitted to RIMS in the wee hours of February 14.

“The patient was brought to our hospital at around 12.30 am gasping for breath. An x-ray was immediately taken to determine the exact spot where the ingested lock had got stuck. Following this, we decided to carry out emergency surgery to have it removed,” said Dr Pradeep Kumar Singh, Head of the Ear, Nose, and Throat Department of RIMS, Ranchi.

He added, “As the lock was around 6 cms in size and had got tightly wedged in the food pipe, it couldn’t be removed by non-invasive endoscopy procedure. Left with no other option, and to save Jitendra’s life, we decided to go for an open surgery to have the foreign body removed.”

The surgery which was conducted on February 14 itself lasted for about one and a half hours, and the lock weighing around 200 grams was successfully removed.

The surgery was conducted by Dr Zahid Mustafa Khan and his team including Dr Sangeeta, Dr Nibha, Dr Raghini, anesthetists Dr Khanna and Dr Shalini.  

“The patient is still admitted to the hospital and is undergoing post-operative treatment. As of now, he is being administered food through a nasal tube as the operated area will take about 10 to 12 days time to heal. The patient is doing fine and will be discharged soon,” said Dr Singh.

"Kindly do support us in our endeavour to bring out more unusual, rare and bizarre, but true, cases to you".

Comments

  1. This blog is for those who are looking to find the best psychiatric. we provide Hire online Stamford Psychiatrist at affordbable prices. for more info visit our website.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale

"Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale" For video click here:-  >  https://youtu.be/nOWbQMZCLWg Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: August 21, 2018 A snake rescuer in India almost paid with his life when a venomous cobra snake bit him while he was rescuing it. 35-years-old Tushar Patel of Dharampur town in Valsad district of Gujarat is lucky to be alive to tell his tale after being bitten by the venomous snake which he mishandled during the rescue. “For the past 14 years, I have been rescuing snakes in and around Dharampur. Till now I have rescued over 5000 snakes. Spectacled Cobra, Krait, Bamboo Pit Viper, Saw Scaled Viper and Russel’s Viper are some of the most poisonous snakes found in our area. On July 25, I got a call from workers in a scrap godown in Valod Faliya close to my house, about a Spectacled Cobra lurking there. I found the Cobra slithering near a parked car and was rescuing it when it suddenly bit me on my right ha

Doctors remove 1 kg hairball from 6-year-old girl who weighed only 14 kgs

Video Link :-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsGZpcpWDs Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 18 September 2018 In a very rare medical case, doctors in India removed a lump of hairball weighing 1 kg and about a meter long from the stomach of a 6 year-old-girl who was suffering from trichophagia along with wheat allergy. The girl from Dad village on the outskirts of Ludhiana city in Punjab, India, was diagnosed with wheat allergy in April this year.  “Her parents brought her to me in the last week of August with severe abdominal pain and a lump in the stomach. They also informed that she has been eating her hair, which in medical terms is called trichophagia,” informed Dr Daljit Singh of Anmol Hospital, Ludhiana, who conducted the surgery. He further added, “She was very underweight and weak for her age. Though she was 6 years old, she weighed only 14 kilograms.” “We got an ultrasound test done which showed some mass in her stomach. Because of her history of e

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai:  March 14, 2018 In a rare case of foetus in foetu, a 20-days-old infant underwent surgery for removal of an underdeveloped foetus at Shalby Hospital in Ahmedabad – the capital of the state of Gujarat in India. The infant’s parents took him to the hospital on February 28 with an abnormal swelling in his abdominal area. Medical examinations revealed that the child had been suffering from the rare medical condition called retroperitoneal mature teratoma or foetus in foetu. The rare condition is defined as the presence of one of the twins in the body of the other. This condition occurs in one in five lakh cases and, only around 200 such cases have been recorded in medical history so far. Gastrointestinal Hepatobiliary Consultant and Liver Transplant Surgeon Dr. Bhavin Vasavada conducted the surgery. He said that the CT scan was showed the rare co