Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

17 year old battles for life after being raped and set on fire

Sumesh Rajan

Mumbai, September 12, 2022

 

 

A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped and set on fire by two men in her village under Madhotanda police station limits in the Pilibhit district of Uttar Pradesh, India.

The victim, with severe burn injuries, is currently battling for her life in a hospital in the state capital Lucknow.

The incident took place inside her house in the village at around 2.30 pm on September 7 when she was alone. However, the incident came to light when a video, wherein the victim is narrating her ordeal, went viral on September 10. The critically injured girl, suffering from 80 percent burn injuries, after regaining consciousness on September 10 is seen narrating her ordeal to her father at the district hospital in Pilibhit.

On the day of the incident, when the girl’s father returned from his farm, he found her in an unconscious and severely burnt state. During this time, the girl’s mother had been away and was staying with her parents in another village for some days.

The girl’s father immediately rushed her to a nearby community health centre, from where she was referred to Pilibhit district hospital. As the victim remained unconscious till late evening on September 10, her father did not know anything about the rape till then.

On coming to know about the heinous incident, Pilibhit (Sadar circle) Sub-Divisional Magistrate Yogesh Kumar Gaur reached the hospital and recorded her statement, in which the girl alleged that the two men from her village barged into her house when she was alone. They abused and raped her, and then set her ablaze, she stated to the SDM.

The victim was later shifted to King George's Medical College Hospital in Lucknow which has better facilities,  on September 11 afternoon, after her health condition started deteriorating.

An FIR  has been registered under sections 376 (rape), 307 (attempt to kill), 452 (house trespass), 504 (intentional insult), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code, and appropriate sections of the POCSO Act and the Schedule Castes/Schedule Tribes Act, and the two accused men, aged 22 and 25, were arrested and sent to jail on September 11.

Later, Inspector General of Bareilly zone, Ramit Sharma, along with Superintendent of Police Dinesh Kumar Prabhu, reached the victim’s house and inspected the crime spot.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rare surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years

Rare  surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 15 th  March 2018 A mishap when he was barely one year old in the year 1979, left 39-year-old Rajendra Panchal of Pune in the state of Maharashtra in India, not only with a very narrow mouth but also turned him into an introvert after facing taunts for his facial looks from those around him. With barely able to open his mouth, Rajendra had been living on a liquid diet for the past 38 years till a chanced visit to a dentist for a severe toothache set him on a chain of action, culminating in a rare surgery to open his mouth and enable him to eat solid food after 38 long years. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. J B Garde who conducted the corrective surgery on Rajendra says, “It is a rare case seen 1 in 25 lakhs. However, normally in such cases it is diagnosed and treated without much delay. But, here, the patient has persisted with the condition for 38

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: 7 February 2021  A glacial burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state in India on February 7 has caused massive havoc on its downhill path along the Dhauliganga and Rishiganga rivers.  The disaster occured after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand.  The Tapovan power plant being constructed over the Dhauligana river and the Rishiganga power project across the Rishiganga river -- a tributary of Dhauliganga -- have been damaged completely with sludge overwhelming the projects, say local officials.  Over 150 people are said to have lost their lives in this disaster and scores are missing. Ten bodies have been recovered so far from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) power project site at Tapovan, said the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials. The missing persons are believed to be labourers working at the dam sites and villagers along the river. T

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.