Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

Quick reflexes by train pilot saves man being run over

Quick reflexes by train pilot saves man being run over


Sumesh Rajan
Mumbai


The quick reflexes of a train pilot who applied emergency brakes saved an elderly man walking on the rail track being run over in India.

70-year-old Hari Shankar was crossing the track from one platform to another at Kalyan station (near Mumbai in Maharashtra) even as 02193 Mumbai-Varanasi Special Train started departing from platform number 4.

From his seat in the train, the pilot couldn’t see Hari Shankar crossing the track just ahead of locomotive. But, the Chief Permanent Way Inspector Santosh Kumar who was at the platform noticed the movement of Shankar on the tracks and raised an alarm. Hearing the shouts, locomotive pilot S K Pradhan and assistant loco pilot Ravi Shankar G without any second thoughts applied the emergency brakes. By this time, the elderly man had come under the front portion of the engine and got stuck, but fortunately was unhurt.

The two loco pilots then jumped down and pulled the stunned bespectacled man out from under the engine, reassuring him repeatedly that he was safe, and calming him as he crawled out of what could have been certain death.

He was helped on his feet and apparently unhurt, taken a few feet away to rest, even as the railway officials gently counselled him to refrain from such acts.

“Uncle, you have escaped the jaws of death. Seeing you there, we were terrified. Please don’t walk on tracks like this,” one of the officials is heard saying in a video.

The railway authorities issued another appeal to citizens not to trespass on railway tracks since it can prove to be fatal. 







Comments

  1. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.
    friv unblocked online games
    friv unblocked online games
    frivland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The on-line playing market share growth in US by the mobile section might be important during the forecast interval. New York’s mobile sports betting operators earned nearly $113 million in revenue on the $1.sixty two billion in bets they handled after paying off winners and 카지노 different expenses. All the casino apps we talked about here take actual cash bets and pay out in cash.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rare surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years

Rare  surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 15 th  March 2018 A mishap when he was barely one year old in the year 1979, left 39-year-old Rajendra Panchal of Pune in the state of Maharashtra in India, not only with a very narrow mouth but also turned him into an introvert after facing taunts for his facial looks from those around him. With barely able to open his mouth, Rajendra had been living on a liquid diet for the past 38 years till a chanced visit to a dentist for a severe toothache set him on a chain of action, culminating in a rare surgery to open his mouth and enable him to eat solid food after 38 long years. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. J B Garde who conducted the corrective surgery on Rajendra says, “It is a rare case seen 1 in 25 lakhs. However, normally in such cases it is diagnosed and treated without much delay. But, here, the patient has persisted with the condition for 38

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: 7 February 2021  A glacial burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state in India on February 7 has caused massive havoc on its downhill path along the Dhauliganga and Rishiganga rivers.  The disaster occured after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand.  The Tapovan power plant being constructed over the Dhauligana river and the Rishiganga power project across the Rishiganga river -- a tributary of Dhauliganga -- have been damaged completely with sludge overwhelming the projects, say local officials.  Over 150 people are said to have lost their lives in this disaster and scores are missing. Ten bodies have been recovered so far from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) power project site at Tapovan, said the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials. The missing persons are believed to be labourers working at the dam sites and villagers along the river. T

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.