Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

Wild tusker trips in to a well, rescued safely by forest officials

Wild tusker trips in to a well, rescued safely by forest officials


Sagaya Fernando
Mumbai: 1 July 2020

A wild elephant that accidentally fell into an open well in the south Indian state of Kerala in the wee hours of July 1, was safely rescued by forest department officials in a four hours long rescue operation.

The tusker apparently strayed into a private farm located in the small town of Pooyamkutty which is surrounded by a forest by the same name, in the night in search of food. It slipped and fell into a 25-feet deep open well in the farm. The villagers notified the forest department officials who rushed to the spot with a JCB digger, and after pacifying the local residents who wanted action from the forest officials to address the man-animal conflict taking place very often in the area, commenced rescue operation at around 6 am.

In the meanwhile, the agitated elephant rolled over inside the well and raised its trunk to reach the edge of the well in an attempt to climb out. Unable to climb out, it continued splashing in the well water.

By 10 am, the forest staff had clawed out a sloping path with the help of the JCB. The elephant somehow managed to clamber onto the dug slope, but being completely exhausted by its ordeal, it lay sideways for some minutes. With the local people who gathered to see the rescue operation making a din, the elephant got up on its feet and ran towards the road. Seeing some motorcycles parked nearby, it vented out its frustration by kicking a couple of bikes and ran into the forest.

“The tusker is a 7-year-old sub-adult. It fell into the well which was about 20 meters away from a road. We used a JCB to dig a sloping trench, so the elephant could come out. The elephant returned unharmed to the forest and is being monitored by a team,” said Ravi Kumar, officer in-charge of the Divisional Forest Office.

Video Link:-


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


NOTE,


Your support means a lot to us, and will go a long way to do more extraordinary stories.


Kindly do support us in our endeavour to bring out more unusual, rare and bizarre, but true, cases to you.

SUPPORT MY "PATREON"
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=30745663


Follow us @

Website:-
https://www.goalpost.co.in/

Facebook:-
https://www.facebook.com/GoalPostMedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rare surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years

Rare  surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 15 th  March 2018 A mishap when he was barely one year old in the year 1979, left 39-year-old Rajendra Panchal of Pune in the state of Maharashtra in India, not only with a very narrow mouth but also turned him into an introvert after facing taunts for his facial looks from those around him. With barely able to open his mouth, Rajendra had been living on a liquid diet for the past 38 years till a chanced visit to a dentist for a severe toothache set him on a chain of action, culminating in a rare surgery to open his mouth and enable him to eat solid food after 38 long years. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. J B Garde who conducted the corrective surgery on Rajendra says, “It is a rare case seen 1 in 25 lakhs. However, normally in such cases it is diagnosed and treated without much delay. But, here, the patient has persisted with the condition for 38

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: 7 February 2021  A glacial burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state in India on February 7 has caused massive havoc on its downhill path along the Dhauliganga and Rishiganga rivers.  The disaster occured after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand.  The Tapovan power plant being constructed over the Dhauligana river and the Rishiganga power project across the Rishiganga river -- a tributary of Dhauliganga -- have been damaged completely with sludge overwhelming the projects, say local officials.  Over 150 people are said to have lost their lives in this disaster and scores are missing. Ten bodies have been recovered so far from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) power project site at Tapovan, said the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials. The missing persons are believed to be labourers working at the dam sites and villagers along the river. T

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.