Skip to main content

Crocodile strolls into Karnataka village

Crocodile strolls into Karnataka village Sumesh Rajan 4 July 2021 A huge crocodile made a surprise visit to Kogilban village near the resort town of Dandeli in Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka, on July 1, scaring the wits out of the villagers. The reptile had come out of the nearby Kali river, which meanders through the Kali Tiger Reserve (earlier known as Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve), in the district. Fortunately, it did not attack anyone, nor the humans following it at a distance or those taking videos of it. The crocodile walked at a leisurely pace and did not even bother the stray dogs that came near it. The villagers contacted the forest department officials who rushed to the spot and captured it, before releasing it unharmed into the river. According to wildlife officials, Kali river has a sizable population of crocodiles. Keeping that in mind, a crocodile park has been set up in Dandeli.
In a challenging surgery, doctors save 9-year-old boy spiked on jaw by a metre long iron rod

The hooked rod had pierced his chin, with the tip of the hook coming out of his mouth penetrating through the floor of the mouth and tongue

VIDEO LINK:-

Sagaya Fernando
Mumbai: 2 December 2019


On October 15 at around 7.15 am, 9-year-old Ayush clambered atop a stool to take a towel put to dry on a clothesline at his home at Ayyapuram village near Palakkad town, Kerala, India. Leaning to grab the towel, the stool slipped, and he fell on a hooked iron rod – which was being used as part of a traditional cloth cradle. The sharp hook end of the road pierced through his lower jaw leaving him in pain and trauma.

Ayush’s family members rushed him with the dangling rod to the Government District Hospital at Palakkad – located around 3 kms from their residence, where the doctors advised them to take the boy to the better equipped Government Medical College Hospital at Thrissur which is about 75 kms away. However seeing the boy writhing in pain, and not waste time any further, the parents rushed him to the privately-managed Lakshmi Hospital located just 2 km downtown.

At Lakshmi Hospital, a team of doctors led by general surgeon Dr Praveen V A stabilized the boy, and began the challenging surgery at 8.30 am – within one and half hours of the incident.

“It was quite difficult to do major investigations since the movement of the rod will traumatize the boy further. The one-metre long iron rod had pierced his chin, with the tip of the hook coming out of his mouth penetrating through the floor of the mouth and tongue,” said Dr Praveen.

Ayush was lucky that the rod did not hurt the blood vessels to the brain or the windpipe.

“The rod was lodged very close to the trachea and major blood vessels going to the brain,” he added.

“The main challenge was in giving anesthesia to the young patient. Nevertheless, we conducted the surgery and succeed in removing the rod without causing any harm to the trachea and the major blood vessels. It was such a sensitive and delicate surgery that even a minor glitch could have ended in a disaster for the boy. The surgery lasted about one and half hours,” said Dr Praveen.

Dr. Praveen was assisted by anesthesiologist Dr Venugopal V C.

Ayush was discharged from the hospital on October 17. His wounds have healed now, and he is back to playful self, said Dr Praveen.

Comments

  1. Your blog is awfully appealing. I am contented with your post. I regularly read your blog and its very helpful. If you are looking for the best nepal medical college fees, then visit Standyou. Thanks! I enjoyed this blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read your blog website, share most practical information in blog. College Essay Writing Help

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog website is actually valuable to supply updated events over internet which is actually appraisable. Ecommerce Development Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding as well as powerful tip by the writer of this blog are really handy to me. Year 2 English Quiz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doctors remove 1 kg hairball from 6-year-old girl who weighed only 14 kgs

Video Link :-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsGZpcpWDs Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 18 September 2018 In a very rare medical case, doctors in India removed a lump of hairball weighing 1 kg and about a meter long from the stomach of a 6 year-old-girl who was suffering from trichophagia along with wheat allergy. The girl from Dad village on the outskirts of Ludhiana city in Punjab, India, was diagnosed with wheat allergy in April this year.  “Her parents brought her to me in the last week of August with severe abdominal pain and a lump in the stomach. They also informed that she has been eating her hair, which in medical terms is called trichophagia,” informed Dr Daljit Singh of Anmol Hospital, Ludhiana, who conducted the surgery. He further added, “She was very underweight and weak for her age. Though she was 6 years old, she weighed only 14 kilograms.” “We got an ultrasound test done which showed some mass in her stomach. Because of her history of e

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai:  March 14, 2018 In a rare case of foetus in foetu, a 20-days-old infant underwent surgery for removal of an underdeveloped foetus at Shalby Hospital in Ahmedabad – the capital of the state of Gujarat in India. The infant’s parents took him to the hospital on February 28 with an abnormal swelling in his abdominal area. Medical examinations revealed that the child had been suffering from the rare medical condition called retroperitoneal mature teratoma or foetus in foetu. The rare condition is defined as the presence of one of the twins in the body of the other. This condition occurs in one in five lakh cases and, only around 200 such cases have been recorded in medical history so far. Gastrointestinal Hepatobiliary Consultant and Liver Transplant Surgeon Dr. Bhavin Vasavada conducted the surgery. He said that the CT scan was showed the rare co

Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale

"Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale" For video click here:-  >  https://youtu.be/nOWbQMZCLWg Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: August 21, 2018 A snake rescuer in India almost paid with his life when a venomous cobra snake bit him while he was rescuing it. 35-years-old Tushar Patel of Dharampur town in Valsad district of Gujarat is lucky to be alive to tell his tale after being bitten by the venomous snake which he mishandled during the rescue. “For the past 14 years, I have been rescuing snakes in and around Dharampur. Till now I have rescued over 5000 snakes. Spectacled Cobra, Krait, Bamboo Pit Viper, Saw Scaled Viper and Russel’s Viper are some of the most poisonous snakes found in our area. On July 25, I got a call from workers in a scrap godown in Valod Faliya close to my house, about a Spectacled Cobra lurking there. I found the Cobra slithering near a parked car and was rescuing it when it suddenly bit me on my right ha