Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

Depressed man jumps off bridge with noose around his neck, cop on the spot saves him

Depressed man jumps off bridge with noose around his neck, cop on the spot saves him

Sumesh Rajan
Mumbai: 3 December 2019
Kamble being counseled by cops at the police station 

A 50-year-old jobless man, coupled with depression over his 30-year-old son’s recent death in a mishap, tried to commit suicide but was luckily saved by a policeman who was passing by.

The incident took place at Kalwa in the outskirts of Mumbai, India, today morning.

“The man identified as Dhananjay Bhagwan Kamble, a resident of Kalwa and a painter by profession, was facing financial problems as he was jobless. Moreover, his 30 year old son had died four months after being run over by a moving train. Depressed over these, he set out to commit suicide from the under construction bridge at Shivaji Naka at around 10.30 am today,” said Kalwa police station Senior Inspector Shekhar Bagade who witnessed the suicide attempt and saved him from certain death.

“I was passing by the same road on the way for an official meeting, when I saw Kamble jumping off the bridge with a noose tied around his neck. I spotted a crane on the road and asked the operator to station beneath the hanging Kamble. One of my constables then climbed up the crane and brought down Kamble safe and sound,” said Bagade.

In the video taken by passersby, Kamble can be seen threatening to jump off the bridge after tying one end of the rope to iron rods on the bridge and the other end as a noose around his neck. After a few seconds, he sits on the edge and jumps off with the noose around his neck. Hanging by the rope, Kamble holds on to it above his head and struggles by which time help arrives in the form of the crane and the cops who rescue him from sure death.

Kamble was then taken to the police station where he was counseled before being let off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

5 year old girl with a very rare blood clotting disorder successfully treated by doctors in Mumbai

Story by Sumesh Rajan Mumbai:  January 19, 2018 A five year old girl was successfully treated for a very rare birth defect with a very rare blood clotting disorder by doctors at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital in Mumbai. The child was diagnosed one among 200 rare medically recorded cases globally. Deepika Yadav from Raichur district in the south Indian state of Karnataka was having right sided brachial plexus injury and Factor VII deficiency. Brachial plexus injury is about nerves of the upper limb are stretched inadvertently during difficult delivery leading to poorly functioning arm. Factor VII deficiency is a blood clotting disorder that causes excessive or prolonged bleeding after an injury or surgery. With Factor VII deficiency, the body either doesn’t produce enough Factor VII, or something is interfering with factor VII, often another medical condition. Factor VII is a protein produced in the liver that plays an important role in helping blood to clot. It’s one o

Doctors remove 1 kg hairball from 6-year-old girl who weighed only 14 kgs

Video Link :-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsGZpcpWDs Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 18 September 2018 In a very rare medical case, doctors in India removed a lump of hairball weighing 1 kg and about a meter long from the stomach of a 6 year-old-girl who was suffering from trichophagia along with wheat allergy. The girl from Dad village on the outskirts of Ludhiana city in Punjab, India, was diagnosed with wheat allergy in April this year.  “Her parents brought her to me in the last week of August with severe abdominal pain and a lump in the stomach. They also informed that she has been eating her hair, which in medical terms is called trichophagia,” informed Dr Daljit Singh of Anmol Hospital, Ludhiana, who conducted the surgery. He further added, “She was very underweight and weak for her age. Though she was 6 years old, she weighed only 14 kilograms.” “We got an ultrasound test done which showed some mass in her stomach. Because of her history of e