Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

UK Parkour group boys caught performing risky stunt atop Mumbai high rise deported back.

UK Parkour group boys caught performing risky stunt atop Mumbai high rise deported back.

Sumesh Rajan
Mumbai: 29 November 2018

Two days after a video of a UK-based Parkour group performing risky jumps from the terrace of a high rise building to another at Mumbai, India went viral on the social media, the Mumbai Police traced the persons involved and deported them to the UK for flouting norms of their tourist visa.

The six free-runners who performed the death-defying stunts -- Max Cave (26), Benj Storror Cave (24), Callum Powell (27), Toby Segar (24), Sacha Powell (24) and Drew F Taylor (24), are part of the Parkour group called Storror, famous for their stunts.

“Four of them had come for a conference at Worli. Two others came for a business trip,” said senior police inspector Diwakar Shelke of Dadar police station under whose jurisdiction the incident took place.

“They broke certain rules of tourist visa, wherein by performing such stunt, they have endangered the life of themselves and others, so necessary cognizance was taken and the group was sent back,” he added.

“The free-runners selected the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Housing Society buildings at Parel, Dadar for the stunt after going through Google Maps, but did not take the permission of either the residents or the local police. It was an act of endangering their own lives, which is illegal,” said Shelke.

On November 26 afternoon, one of the members from the group undertook dangerous jumps without any safety gears from a 14-storey building to a 13-storey building in the housing society. Videos of the jumps were shot by other members of the group as well as residents of the housing society, following which the videos had gone viral on social media.



The next day, the police took cognizance of the incident and traced the free runners, who were visiting India to perform at NSCI Club on December 2. The group has a strong presence on YouTube with their videos garnering lakhs of views.








Comments

  1. You’ve made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for more information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.
    Jogo live
    jogo 360 online
    io games net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rare surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years

Rare  surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 15 th  March 2018 A mishap when he was barely one year old in the year 1979, left 39-year-old Rajendra Panchal of Pune in the state of Maharashtra in India, not only with a very narrow mouth but also turned him into an introvert after facing taunts for his facial looks from those around him. With barely able to open his mouth, Rajendra had been living on a liquid diet for the past 38 years till a chanced visit to a dentist for a severe toothache set him on a chain of action, culminating in a rare surgery to open his mouth and enable him to eat solid food after 38 long years. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. J B Garde who conducted the corrective surgery on Rajendra says, “It is a rare case seen 1 in 25 lakhs. However, normally in such cases it is diagnosed and treated without much delay. But, here, the patient has persisted with the condition for 38

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: 7 February 2021  A glacial burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state in India on February 7 has caused massive havoc on its downhill path along the Dhauliganga and Rishiganga rivers.  The disaster occured after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand.  The Tapovan power plant being constructed over the Dhauligana river and the Rishiganga power project across the Rishiganga river -- a tributary of Dhauliganga -- have been damaged completely with sludge overwhelming the projects, say local officials.  Over 150 people are said to have lost their lives in this disaster and scores are missing. Ten bodies have been recovered so far from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) power project site at Tapovan, said the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials. The missing persons are believed to be labourers working at the dam sites and villagers along the river. T

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.