Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

Train guard narrowly escapes being run over

Train guard narrowly escapes being run over



Sumesh Rajan
Mumbai: 12 November 2018

The guard of an express train had a narrow escape from death as the train started moving even while he was attending to a malfunction between two bogies.

 

The incident took place on November 9 on the Howrah-Digha AC Express, which had left Howrah station in West Bengal, India, at 11.10 am. Twenty minutes into the departure and half an hour before its next scheduled stop, the train suddenly stopped on the tracks.

The guard of the train S N Roy got down to inspect the reason for the sudden stoppage. He found that the air pressure brake system connecting two bogies had snapped and started fixing it. A bystander was recording this on his mobile phone. To the horror of the bystanders even as Roy was coupling the pipe, the train started moving and picking speed.

A terrified Roy then clings onto the coupling between the bogies, for dear life, and the bystanders start shouting to bring the dangerous situation to the notice of the train driver. A Railway Protection Force constable Swarup Dutta, who had reached the spot, collected the walkie-talkie from the guard stuck in between the moving train, and running beside the moving train contacted the train driver to immediately stop the train.

After the train stopped, a scared but unhurt Roy got off the coupling. He then takes back the walkie-talkie and gives an earful to the driver.

“It is possibly a case of miscommunication between the driver of the train and the guard that led to such a situation. We have ordered for an inquiry into this incident,” said South Eastern Railway spokesman Sanjoy Ghosh. 

Comments

  1. Christmas has come and New Year is coming. One of the things I will do next year is to follow your new posts. It's because they provide what I need. Your articles are informative and great. Stay healthy and write more posts. Thanks
    Short Ride || Kindergarten Dress Up games for kids for school || Moto X3M 2 free on abcya3 games

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody essentially help to make seriously articles I’d state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I amazed with the analysis you made to make this particular post amazing. Fantastic job!
    jogos para crianças
    360 jogos online
    games io name

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rare surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years

Rare  surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 15 th  March 2018 A mishap when he was barely one year old in the year 1979, left 39-year-old Rajendra Panchal of Pune in the state of Maharashtra in India, not only with a very narrow mouth but also turned him into an introvert after facing taunts for his facial looks from those around him. With barely able to open his mouth, Rajendra had been living on a liquid diet for the past 38 years till a chanced visit to a dentist for a severe toothache set him on a chain of action, culminating in a rare surgery to open his mouth and enable him to eat solid food after 38 long years. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. J B Garde who conducted the corrective surgery on Rajendra says, “It is a rare case seen 1 in 25 lakhs. However, normally in such cases it is diagnosed and treated without much delay. But, here, the patient has persisted with the condition for 38

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: 7 February 2021  A glacial burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state in India on February 7 has caused massive havoc on its downhill path along the Dhauliganga and Rishiganga rivers.  The disaster occured after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand.  The Tapovan power plant being constructed over the Dhauligana river and the Rishiganga power project across the Rishiganga river -- a tributary of Dhauliganga -- have been damaged completely with sludge overwhelming the projects, say local officials.  Over 150 people are said to have lost their lives in this disaster and scores are missing. Ten bodies have been recovered so far from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) power project site at Tapovan, said the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials. The missing persons are believed to be labourers working at the dam sites and villagers along the river. T

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.