Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

Dog scares away wild leopard

Dog scares away wild leopard





Sumesh Rajan
Mumbai: September 5, 2018

A young female wild leopard literally learnt a lesson of ‘let a sleeping dog lie’ when it was forced to make a hasty retreat by a barking stray dog inside a reserve forest in India.

The incident took place on September 4 morning inside the Jhalana Leopard Safari Park in Rajasthan state.

The entire episode was captured on video by a group of wildlife activists and tourists who were on a safari tour in the park at the time.

The safari jeep had stopped on a mud track after the visitors spotted a leopard nearby.

“As our jeep stood still, a stray dog came and lied down in front of it unaware of the prowling leopard nearby. The leopard – a one-and-half-year-old female named Juliet by local guides, which was hiding in a bush about 10 feet away, suddenly pounced on the dog. For a moment, the dog was petrified. But, not to give up easily it stuck its ground. And, though it tucked its tail between its legs -- a sign that it is afraid -- it kept barking louder and louder at the now perplexed leopard. The wildcat stood by the track for a while before slowly retreating into the bushes,” said Kunal Gangwal from World of Wilders who was accompanying the tourists and witnessed the incident.

Later the safari vehicle driver and helpful tourists safely escorted the petrified but brave dog out of the park. And, for the leopard, it seems the ‘bark was worse than the bite’ to make a hasty retreat.

Comments

  1. The mountain is high but it's not too steep; the battle is rough, but I not too weak, and I won't turn back Oh No! I won't turn back. O the road is hard, but it's not too long, and the enemy is near, but he's not that strong, and I won't turn back; Oh No! I won't turn back.
    Friv Jogos
    360 jogo
    games io name

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

5 year old girl with a very rare blood clotting disorder successfully treated by doctors in Mumbai

Story by Sumesh Rajan Mumbai:  January 19, 2018 A five year old girl was successfully treated for a very rare birth defect with a very rare blood clotting disorder by doctors at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital in Mumbai. The child was diagnosed one among 200 rare medically recorded cases globally. Deepika Yadav from Raichur district in the south Indian state of Karnataka was having right sided brachial plexus injury and Factor VII deficiency. Brachial plexus injury is about nerves of the upper limb are stretched inadvertently during difficult delivery leading to poorly functioning arm. Factor VII deficiency is a blood clotting disorder that causes excessive or prolonged bleeding after an injury or surgery. With Factor VII deficiency, the body either doesn’t produce enough Factor VII, or something is interfering with factor VII, often another medical condition. Factor VII is a protein produced in the liver that plays an important role in helping blood to clot. It’s one o

Doctors remove 1 kg hairball from 6-year-old girl who weighed only 14 kgs

Video Link :-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsGZpcpWDs Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 18 September 2018 In a very rare medical case, doctors in India removed a lump of hairball weighing 1 kg and about a meter long from the stomach of a 6 year-old-girl who was suffering from trichophagia along with wheat allergy. The girl from Dad village on the outskirts of Ludhiana city in Punjab, India, was diagnosed with wheat allergy in April this year.  “Her parents brought her to me in the last week of August with severe abdominal pain and a lump in the stomach. They also informed that she has been eating her hair, which in medical terms is called trichophagia,” informed Dr Daljit Singh of Anmol Hospital, Ludhiana, who conducted the surgery. He further added, “She was very underweight and weak for her age. Though she was 6 years old, she weighed only 14 kilograms.” “We got an ultrasound test done which showed some mass in her stomach. Because of her history of e