Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

Dog clashes with Cobra to save its litter

Dog clashes with Cobra to save its litter

Video URL:- https://youtu.be/8mKfbPb6i3M
Sumesh Rajan

Mumbai: 19 September 2018

The Parida family of Satabhauni Bazaar in the outskirts of Bhadrak city of Odisha, India, became apprehensive when their pet dog, which had given birth to a litter of eight puppies only a couple of days ago, started barking incessantly on September 17 late evening.

The dog had its litter tucked away under the entrance staircase of the house. On checking the cause for the non-stop barking, Bijay Parida, the house owner found that a Spectacled Cobra – one of the most venomous snakes in the world – had preyed upon one of the pups, and the mother dog was barking loudly and clashing with the cobra to save the rest of her brood.

“I received a call from Parida at about 7.45 pm saying that his pet dog and its family were being attacked by a cobra. It took about half an hour for me to reach the spot. By the time I reached there, the Cobra had already killed four of the puppies,” said snake rescuer Mirza Mohammed Arif, who claims to have rescued over 12,900 snakes in the last 15 years of his rescue mission.

“The mother dog was very much agitated on seeing her babies killed by the snake and was barking madly all the while trying to stave off the cobra from killing the other pups. Being ensconced under the staircase, I was finding it difficult to rescue the snake straight away. I had to literally go down on my knees to catch the snake and was worried that it could strike me at any time. Even as I caught it by its tail and was pulling it out, the agitated dog would try to bite the snake and the snake would raise its hood and attack the dog. I was worried that in this clash, either the dog or the snake would turn on me. But somehow, I managed to pull out the snake, and bottled it up. The whole operation took about half an hour,” said Arif, adding that the snake was released in the wild later.

“Once our pet dog, which had given birth to eight puppies only two days ago, started barking wildly, we realized that something was wrong. When we checked the place beneath the staircase on the outside of the house when she had her litter, we saw a Cobra attacking the pups and called Arif to catch the snake. Four puppies were killed by the snake, and though the snake also tried to attack the mother dog, it was unharmed and is safe with the rest of her pups,” said Parida. 

Comments

  1. We had many others with pounds lost and inches whittled, and they were not complaining about their new lifestyle. Everyone said that they “had more energy and just felt so much better”. So those of you just waiting to get started on something, tomorrow is the day! Get out and get moving.
    Jogo para menino
    360 jogos gratis
    io games online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rare surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years

Rare  surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 15 th  March 2018 A mishap when he was barely one year old in the year 1979, left 39-year-old Rajendra Panchal of Pune in the state of Maharashtra in India, not only with a very narrow mouth but also turned him into an introvert after facing taunts for his facial looks from those around him. With barely able to open his mouth, Rajendra had been living on a liquid diet for the past 38 years till a chanced visit to a dentist for a severe toothache set him on a chain of action, culminating in a rare surgery to open his mouth and enable him to eat solid food after 38 long years. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. J B Garde who conducted the corrective surgery on Rajendra says, “It is a rare case seen 1 in 25 lakhs. However, normally in such cases it is diagnosed and treated without much delay. But, here, the patient has persisted with the condition for 38

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: 7 February 2021  A glacial burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state in India on February 7 has caused massive havoc on its downhill path along the Dhauliganga and Rishiganga rivers.  The disaster occured after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand.  The Tapovan power plant being constructed over the Dhauligana river and the Rishiganga power project across the Rishiganga river -- a tributary of Dhauliganga -- have been damaged completely with sludge overwhelming the projects, say local officials.  Over 150 people are said to have lost their lives in this disaster and scores are missing. Ten bodies have been recovered so far from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) power project site at Tapovan, said the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials. The missing persons are believed to be labourers working at the dam sites and villagers along the river. T

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.