Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

10,000 stones removed from nutritionist's gallbladder

10,000 stones removed from nutritionist's gallbladder



Sumesh Rajan
Mumbai: 18 September 2018

A nutritionist in India has learned the proverb: ‘Practice what you preach’, holds water, the hard way after more than 10000 stones were removed recently from his gallbladder.

40-years-old Dr Rajib Chowdhury is a nutritionist by profession working in the public health and hygiene department and had severe stomach pain for over one-and-a-half months. After initially ignoring the symptoms, when the pain started to become unbearable, he finally approached the doctors at the Calcutta National Medical College & Hospital in Kolkata.

“The ultrasonography done on Dr Chowdhury showed that his gallbladder was distended with hypointense signals seen in it – sludge with small calculi. It was understood that the calculi -- gallstones were causing the pain but we had no idea that the number of stones would be so high. We did a laparoscopic procedure to remove the stones,” informed Dr Manas Kumar Dutta, assistant professor of surgery whose team conducted the operation under the supervision of the surgery department head Dr Sukumar Maity.

“It was only after we cut the gallbladder did we actually realize the presence of a large number of stones. We counted 10,356 stones and stopped as we got tired,” added Dr Dutta.

The surgery on Dr Chowdhury was conducted on August 29. Though the surgery that was performed on the nutritionist is said to have taken only 40 minutes, counting the stones took a much longer time, said the doctor.

“For us surgeons, the surgery which is complex at times, is more important than the number of stones removed, irrespective whether it is just one or in thousands,” said Dr Maity.

“Dr Chowdhury was suffering from acidity and hyperlipidemia showing high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. This is mainly caused by poor food habits like eating junk foods which contain high-fat content, and other factors,” said Dr Dutta.

The patient was discharged after two days and is doing fine now, informed Dr Dutta.

Three years ago in 2015, Dr Makhanlal Saha of Debdoot Sevayan Hospital, also in Kolkata, operated on a 51-year-old-woman and is said to have removed 11,950 gallstones.

Comments

  1. Of course I think the salami is buttery smooth with intriguing spices, but the kids like it too. I gave them a few pieces for breakfast, a time when they are usually grouchy and picky about food, and the daughter gave a thumbs up. The son was distracted and needed to discard his pants and run out of the room for reasons not completely understood. But I don't think this concerns the Saucisson Sec.
    Jogos onlin
    360 jogos 2019
    game io

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

5 year old girl with a very rare blood clotting disorder successfully treated by doctors in Mumbai

Story by Sumesh Rajan Mumbai:  January 19, 2018 A five year old girl was successfully treated for a very rare birth defect with a very rare blood clotting disorder by doctors at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital in Mumbai. The child was diagnosed one among 200 rare medically recorded cases globally. Deepika Yadav from Raichur district in the south Indian state of Karnataka was having right sided brachial plexus injury and Factor VII deficiency. Brachial plexus injury is about nerves of the upper limb are stretched inadvertently during difficult delivery leading to poorly functioning arm. Factor VII deficiency is a blood clotting disorder that causes excessive or prolonged bleeding after an injury or surgery. With Factor VII deficiency, the body either doesn’t produce enough Factor VII, or something is interfering with factor VII, often another medical condition. Factor VII is a protein produced in the liver that plays an important role in helping blood to clot. It’s one o

Doctors remove 1 kg hairball from 6-year-old girl who weighed only 14 kgs

Video Link :-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsGZpcpWDs Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 18 September 2018 In a very rare medical case, doctors in India removed a lump of hairball weighing 1 kg and about a meter long from the stomach of a 6 year-old-girl who was suffering from trichophagia along with wheat allergy. The girl from Dad village on the outskirts of Ludhiana city in Punjab, India, was diagnosed with wheat allergy in April this year.  “Her parents brought her to me in the last week of August with severe abdominal pain and a lump in the stomach. They also informed that she has been eating her hair, which in medical terms is called trichophagia,” informed Dr Daljit Singh of Anmol Hospital, Ludhiana, who conducted the surgery. He further added, “She was very underweight and weak for her age. Though she was 6 years old, she weighed only 14 kilograms.” “We got an ultrasound test done which showed some mass in her stomach. Because of her history of e