Skip to main content

This is a Fund Raising campaign to fund my mother's medical treatment...I need your gracious support

  My Mother's Health Is Fast Deteriorating Due To Multiple Teeth Fall https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/my-mother-is-fighting-for-her-life-and-we-need-your-support-to-save-her-605410

Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale



"Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale"


For video click here:- https://youtu.be/nOWbQMZCLWg

Sumesh RajanMumbai: August 21, 2018


A snake rescuer in India almost paid with his life when a venomous cobra snake bit him while he was rescuing it.

35-years-old Tushar Patel of Dharampur town in Valsad district of Gujarat is lucky to be alive to tell his tale after being bitten by the venomous snake which he mishandled during the rescue.

“For the past 14 years, I have been rescuing snakes in and around Dharampur. Till now I have rescued over 5000 snakes. Spectacled Cobra, Krait, Bamboo Pit Viper, Saw Scaled Viper and Russel’s Viper are some of the most poisonous snakes found in our area. On July 25, I got a call from workers in a scrap godown in Valod Faliya close to my house, about a Spectacled Cobra lurking there. I found the Cobra slithering near a parked car and was rescuing it when it suddenly bit me on my right hand,” said Patel.

He added, “It was the first time that I have been bitten by a snake while rescuing.”

A video shot by one of the workers at scrap yard shows Patel using a hook-like rod to pin down the four and a half feet adult Cobra, and grab it by its head. While he was putting the cobra into the bottle and was about to close the lid, the now unclasped but agitated Cobra sank its fangs onto Patel’s right hand.

A cool and composed Patel then frees himself from the snake’s clutches and manages to bottle up the snake successfully this time. After which an associate of his tikes a kerchief around his wrist to slow down the snake venom from spreading in his body, and rushes him to a hospital nearby.

“Within five minutes of the snake bite, I rushed to Shri Sainath Hospital in our town where Dr D C Patel, a snake bite specialist, treated me. For three days I was battling for life and was comatose due to the venom in my system. However, as I had received proper medical treatment in time, I am alive today. I was discharged from the hospital after nine days. Today, my hand where the snake had bitten me still has minor problems and I am undergoing treatment for it. Otherwise, I am fine. This incident will not hamper me from rescuing snakes in future,” said Patel. 

Comments

  1. I just saw the video on YouTube of this man catching and being bitten by the Cobra. I was wondering if he survived so I searched the net for news. I'm glad to see he made it out of that situation alive. I thought it must have been a large scale envenomation because it wasn't just a quick strike. The Cobra held on to him for quite some time. That's why amateurs shouldn't fool around with venomous snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic blog.Really thank you! Cool.Fantastic post.Your article is very nice thank you for share this such a wonderful article. This is a very nice blog that I will definitely come back to more times this year! They have lots of knowledge and tips.
    Jogos live
    jogos 30 gratis
    friv Games for school 2019

    ReplyDelete
  3. These articles are exactly what I need. I have a liking for your posts. Thanks to your sharing, I can enrich my knowledge. Of course, I wish that you will write and share many posts. Do you know that I wait for them?
    kizi games
    free games
    friv Games 2019

    ReplyDelete
  4. When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. Snake games

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a fancy for your posts and I think they are very good. I can make full use of them to handle with some problems in my life. Articles seems to be written well, so they are easy to understand. Thank you for your sharing.
    Abcya 2 unblocked
    friv the very best free online games
    https://frivland.blogspot.com/2021/07/hand-spinner-spin-and-stay-in-ring-as.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts are my cup of tea. I'm interested in your articles. I always read them everyday and wait for incoming ones. It's because your posts are interesting.
    Ropeman games online
    Hello Cats- Action games for kids!
    Super Friday Night Funki sport game 4 boys
    zoxy3play.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doctors remove 1 kg hairball from 6-year-old girl who weighed only 14 kgs

Video Link :-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsGZpcpWDs Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 18 September 2018 In a very rare medical case, doctors in India removed a lump of hairball weighing 1 kg and about a meter long from the stomach of a 6 year-old-girl who was suffering from trichophagia along with wheat allergy. The girl from Dad village on the outskirts of Ludhiana city in Punjab, India, was diagnosed with wheat allergy in April this year.  “Her parents brought her to me in the last week of August with severe abdominal pain and a lump in the stomach. They also informed that she has been eating her hair, which in medical terms is called trichophagia,” informed Dr Daljit Singh of Anmol Hospital, Ludhiana, who conducted the surgery. He further added, “She was very underweight and weak for her age. Though she was 6 years old, she weighed only 14 kilograms.” “We got an ultrasound test done which showed some mass in her stomach. Because of her history of e

Leopard hunting pet dog in residential area in India

Caught on cam:  Leopard hunting pet dog  in residential area in India  VIDEO URL:- https://youtu.be/VSdfQEjIO2A Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 19 September 2018 With jungle spaces getting reduced, wild animals are coming to human settlements looking for easy prey. One such incident, in which a leopard scaled a wall of a house at Aravenu village near Kotagiri – a hill station in Tamil Nadu, India, and grabbed a pet dog before going back into the jungle nearby, has been caught on camera. The incident took place on September 15 at the house of a Tamil Nadu State Highways Department Assistant Engineer located on the Halakkarai Road close to the forest. The dog was last heard barking on September 15 night after which it was not to be seen. Worried about its whereabouts, the officer started to go through the video footage from the closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras installed in his house. It was then that the disquieting truth got revealed. The footage shows the

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai:  March 14, 2018 In a rare case of foetus in foetu, a 20-days-old infant underwent surgery for removal of an underdeveloped foetus at Shalby Hospital in Ahmedabad – the capital of the state of Gujarat in India. The infant’s parents took him to the hospital on February 28 with an abnormal swelling in his abdominal area. Medical examinations revealed that the child had been suffering from the rare medical condition called retroperitoneal mature teratoma or foetus in foetu. The rare condition is defined as the presence of one of the twins in the body of the other. This condition occurs in one in five lakh cases and, only around 200 such cases have been recorded in medical history so far. Gastrointestinal Hepatobiliary Consultant and Liver Transplant Surgeon Dr. Bhavin Vasavada conducted the surgery. He said that the CT scan was showed the rare co