Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

3-year-old girl falls into 110 feet deep borewell, rescued safely after 30 hours


3-year-old girl falls into 110 feet deep borewell, rescued safely after 30 hours


Sumesh Rajan
Mumbai: August 2, 2018

A three-year-old girl who had accidentally fallen into a 110-feet deep borewell in India on July 31 was safely rescued after 30 hours on August 1.

The incident took place at Murgiyachak locality in Munger town of Bihar state, India. The borewell was being dug inside the house of the girl’s maternal grandfather, Umesh Nandan Prasad Sah.

The girl named Sanno had fallen into the shaft and got stuck at a spot around 45 feet below the surface at about 4 pm on July 31.

“Sanno had come to her maternal grandparents’ place at Murgiyachak and fell into the borewell while playing,” said Munger Superintendent of Police Gaurav Mangla.

Her family members who were just a few yards away and saw her falling raised an alarm, he said.

“Rescue work began immediately. A trench parallel to the shaft was dug, a little over 45 feet deep the level at which the girl was estimated to be trapped. The rescue team lowered an oxygen pipe to ensure supply of fresh air to the little girl,” said Mangla.

The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) team was soon joined in the rescue efforts. While the horizontal axis was being cleaved out to pull the girl out safely, the team also helped the girl’s mother to talk to her inside with the help of an audio device.

As it began to rain lightly in the evening, tarpaulin sheets were placed over the trench to prevent water from seeping as it could have jeopardised the rescue operation, said Mangla.

All the while people who had gathered around consoled the distraught parents and encouraged the rescue team.

The team’s efforts bore fruit when Sanno was pulled out safely -- almost 30 hours after she fell -- at 9.45 pm on August 1.

Smeared in mud she was rushed to Sadar Hospital in an ambulance, along with her anxious and relieved parents. A student of Montessori House of Children, Notre Dame in Munger, Sanno is now being treated for minor injuries and trauma. 

VIDEO LINK:-  https://youtu.be/q42Q3ENj7HU

Comments

  1. Wow I can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.Cheers for sharing with us your wonderful blog.
    Jogo online
    jogo 360 2019
    io games for kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. The true test will come when I tell them the white on the outside of the meat is a natural edible mold called Penicillim. If they keep eating despite this then I know we have an undisputed winner.
    kizi 2 unblocked
    free games
    friv free online Games 2019

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rare surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years

Rare  surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 15 th  March 2018 A mishap when he was barely one year old in the year 1979, left 39-year-old Rajendra Panchal of Pune in the state of Maharashtra in India, not only with a very narrow mouth but also turned him into an introvert after facing taunts for his facial looks from those around him. With barely able to open his mouth, Rajendra had been living on a liquid diet for the past 38 years till a chanced visit to a dentist for a severe toothache set him on a chain of action, culminating in a rare surgery to open his mouth and enable him to eat solid food after 38 long years. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. J B Garde who conducted the corrective surgery on Rajendra says, “It is a rare case seen 1 in 25 lakhs. However, normally in such cases it is diagnosed and treated without much delay. But, here, the patient has persisted with the condition for 38

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: 7 February 2021  A glacial burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state in India on February 7 has caused massive havoc on its downhill path along the Dhauliganga and Rishiganga rivers.  The disaster occured after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand.  The Tapovan power plant being constructed over the Dhauligana river and the Rishiganga power project across the Rishiganga river -- a tributary of Dhauliganga -- have been damaged completely with sludge overwhelming the projects, say local officials.  Over 150 people are said to have lost their lives in this disaster and scores are missing. Ten bodies have been recovered so far from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) power project site at Tapovan, said the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials. The missing persons are believed to be labourers working at the dam sites and villagers along the river. T

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.