Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

"Blind faith scalds temple priest running over burning coals in India"







Blind faith scalds temple priest running over burning coals in India

Story by Sumesh Rajan
Mumbai: April 30, 2018




A priest was badly burned when he tripped while running across hot coals during a temple mahotsav (festival) ritual.

Vijay Kumar (35), stumbled and fell in the burning hot coal pit while taking part in the annual mahotsav of Sri Revanasiddeshwara temple located in SRS Betta in Ramanagara district of Karnataka, India, on April 28.

Terrifying footage shows that Kumar started running at speed down the path of fiery coals, which is prepared a day earlier by burning wooden logs.

But, mid-way he loses his footing and falls headlong into the pit. Immediately, two other priests – Rudresh and Manjunath -- waiting at the end of the pit rush in to help him. They jump into the pit, lift Kumar and take him out to safety as the devotees gathered around look aghast.

All three of them are rushed to a nearby government hospital, and from there shifted to St. John’s Medical College Hospital in Bengaluru, the state capital 65 kilometers away.

While Kumar sustained about 60% burns on his legs and hands, Rudresh and Manjunath sustained 15 to 20% leg burns. 

Sri Revanasiddeshwara temple, located atop a hill about 3000 feet above sea level, is an abode of a form of Lord Shiva and is considered sacred by Shaiva followers. 






Our news published @



LONDON



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5673857/Priest-suffers-60-cent-burns-fall-running-hot-coals-Indian-festival.html



https://www.unilad.co.uk/health/priest-suffers-horrific-burns-after-hot-coal-ritual-goes-very-wrong/



USA



http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04/30/priest-suffers-severe-burns-after-fall-while-running-across-hot-coals-in-india.html





Comments

  1. The mountain is high but it's not too steep; the battle is rough, but I not too weak, and I won't turn back Oh No! I won't turn back. O the road is hard, but it's not too long, and the enemy is near, but he's not that strong, and I won't turn back; Oh No! I won't turn back.
    Friv Jogos
    360 jogo
    games io name

    ReplyDelete
  2. To make sure that students know what content will be covered on the exam, they need to obtain and complete a copy of the Study Guide, which becomes available the weekend before the test. At the same approximate time, Mr. Hatfield will make the notes and practice questions available on the class blog. The sooner the students develop the habit of comparing their Composition Book with these materials, the sooner they will improve!
    kizi 2 player racing games
    free game 2019
    friv free online Games 2019

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rare surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years

Rare  surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 15 th  March 2018 A mishap when he was barely one year old in the year 1979, left 39-year-old Rajendra Panchal of Pune in the state of Maharashtra in India, not only with a very narrow mouth but also turned him into an introvert after facing taunts for his facial looks from those around him. With barely able to open his mouth, Rajendra had been living on a liquid diet for the past 38 years till a chanced visit to a dentist for a severe toothache set him on a chain of action, culminating in a rare surgery to open his mouth and enable him to eat solid food after 38 long years. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. J B Garde who conducted the corrective surgery on Rajendra says, “It is a rare case seen 1 in 25 lakhs. However, normally in such cases it is diagnosed and treated without much delay. But, here, the patient has persisted with the condition for 38

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: 7 February 2021  A glacial burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state in India on February 7 has caused massive havoc on its downhill path along the Dhauliganga and Rishiganga rivers.  The disaster occured after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand.  The Tapovan power plant being constructed over the Dhauligana river and the Rishiganga power project across the Rishiganga river -- a tributary of Dhauliganga -- have been damaged completely with sludge overwhelming the projects, say local officials.  Over 150 people are said to have lost their lives in this disaster and scores are missing. Ten bodies have been recovered so far from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) power project site at Tapovan, said the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials. The missing persons are believed to be labourers working at the dam sites and villagers along the river. T

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.