Skip to main content

Humans act inhuman: Throw a burning tyre on a wild elephant resulting in its death

Humans act inhuman: Throw a burning tyre on a wild elephant resulting in its death Sagaya Fernando Mumbai, 23 January 2021   Two men have been arrested in the state of Tamil Nadu, India, for their gruesome and inhuman act of throwing a burning tyre on a wild elephant resulting in its death. According to a senior forest official, the elephant was attacked on January 8 after it had damaged a luxury car parked at Mavanalla, a small resort town located 25 kms north of the famous hill-station of Ooty (Udhagamandalam).   After a hue and cry raised by wildlife activists over the issue, the local police arrested two people on January 22 – two days after the elephant died; while one more accused is on the run.   A video of the gruesome attack on the elephant started doing rounds in social media, following which an investigation was launched by the forest department officials and the police.   “The accused flung a burning tyre filled with kerosene at the elephant, which was already being treated

"Doctors remove coin wedged in 5-year-old’s throat"

"Doctors remove coin wedged in 5-year-old’s throat"








Story by Sagaya Fernando
Mumbai: April 24, 2018

5-year-old Nishikant Naik from Mumbai who had come to his uncle’s place in Nashik (an ancient city and a well know Hindu pilgrim site in the state of Maharashtra) to spend the summer vacation, while playing swallowed a Rs 2 coin.

The panicked child somehow managed to tell his uncle about it. The family members rushed Nishikant to the Nashik Civil Hospital, where an x-ray showed the coin stuck in the child’s throat.

“The incident took place on April 12 at around 5.30 pm when the boy was playing with other children. He was brought to our hospital at 6 pm. And, after doing an x-ray to determine where the coin was lodged, we decided to conduct laryngoscopy to remove the coin wedged in the throat,” said Dr. Sanjay Gangurde, Head of the Ear, Nose and Throat Department at the hospital, who conducted the procedure.

Laryngoscopy is a visual examination below the back of the throat, where the voice box (larynx) containing the vocal cords is located. It is an effective procedure for discovering the causes of voice and breathing problems, pain in the throat or ear, difficulty in swallowing, narrowing of the throat, and removing foreign objects blocking the airway.

“The procedure took about 45 minutes, and the coin was removed successfully without causing any incision to the boy,” said Dr. Gangurde, adding that the child was discharged the very next day and he is doing fine now.

Incidentally, Dr. Gangurde had conducted a similar laryngoscopy two weeks prior to this one, on a 5-year-old girl who too had swallowed a Rs 2 coin. Vaishnavi Mali, a resident of nearby Manmad town, was given the coin by her grandfather so she could buy a chocolate. Vaishnavi was playing with the coin when she put it in her mouth and swallowed it by mistake, and the coin got lodged in her throat. She was taken to the Manmad Sub-district civil hospital from where she was referred to the Nashik Civil Hospital. The coin was successfully removed by laryngoscopy procedure by Dr. Gangurde and his team including Dr. Sachin Pawar and Dr. Siddharth Shelke. 

Comments

  1. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super easy, super healthy. You can either juice wheatgrass by itself as a shot, which is typical, in which case you will want a tray per shot per day you plan to consume. I would say roughly 1 tray = 1 shot.
    kizi car games
    free games
    friv Games free 2019

    ReplyDelete
  3. So here's an invitation ... if you have something to say, write it up and send it to me (revwik@uucharlottesville.org). It can be an essay, a poem, a homily, or something else. We do not, at present, have established guidelines and standards governing this blog, but they're coming. Until then -- and probably after then, too -- I reserve the right to make editorial suggestions for space, style, and -- in the rarest of occasions -- content.
    Jogo quente 2019
    jogos 360 2019
    friv for school for kids 2019

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale

"Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale" For video click here:-  >  https://youtu.be/nOWbQMZCLWg Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: August 21, 2018 A snake rescuer in India almost paid with his life when a venomous cobra snake bit him while he was rescuing it. 35-years-old Tushar Patel of Dharampur town in Valsad district of Gujarat is lucky to be alive to tell his tale after being bitten by the venomous snake which he mishandled during the rescue. “For the past 14 years, I have been rescuing snakes in and around Dharampur. Till now I have rescued over 5000 snakes. Spectacled Cobra, Krait, Bamboo Pit Viper, Saw Scaled Viper and Russel’s Viper are some of the most poisonous snakes found in our area. On July 25, I got a call from workers in a scrap godown in Valod Faliya close to my house, about a Spectacled Cobra lurking there. I found the Cobra slithering near a parked car and was rescuing it when it suddenly bit me on my right ha

Doctors remove 1 kg hairball from 6-year-old girl who weighed only 14 kgs

Video Link :-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsGZpcpWDs Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 18 September 2018 In a very rare medical case, doctors in India removed a lump of hairball weighing 1 kg and about a meter long from the stomach of a 6 year-old-girl who was suffering from trichophagia along with wheat allergy. The girl from Dad village on the outskirts of Ludhiana city in Punjab, India, was diagnosed with wheat allergy in April this year.  “Her parents brought her to me in the last week of August with severe abdominal pain and a lump in the stomach. They also informed that she has been eating her hair, which in medical terms is called trichophagia,” informed Dr Daljit Singh of Anmol Hospital, Ludhiana, who conducted the surgery. He further added, “She was very underweight and weak for her age. Though she was 6 years old, she weighed only 14 kilograms.” “We got an ultrasound test done which showed some mass in her stomach. Because of her history of e

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai:  March 14, 2018 In a rare case of foetus in foetu, a 20-days-old infant underwent surgery for removal of an underdeveloped foetus at Shalby Hospital in Ahmedabad – the capital of the state of Gujarat in India. The infant’s parents took him to the hospital on February 28 with an abnormal swelling in his abdominal area. Medical examinations revealed that the child had been suffering from the rare medical condition called retroperitoneal mature teratoma or foetus in foetu. The rare condition is defined as the presence of one of the twins in the body of the other. This condition occurs in one in five lakh cases and, only around 200 such cases have been recorded in medical history so far. Gastrointestinal Hepatobiliary Consultant and Liver Transplant Surgeon Dr. Bhavin Vasavada conducted the surgery. He said that the CT scan was showed the rare co