Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

7-month-old toddler swallows LED bulb, Mumbai doctors remove it in 2 minutes


Story by Sagaya Fernando
Mumbai: January 25, 2018


Babies often enjoy the entertaining lights and sounds of electronic toys. Nevertheless, the harmless-looking toys could cause more harm than one could imagine if parents don’t pay special attention to make sure they stay safe for play. This is what happened to a 7-month-old child from Chiplun in the state of Maharashtra in India when she accidentally swallowed a LED bulb while playing with a toy mobile phone. Fortunately for her, doctors at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children in Mumbai examined the toddler and removed the bulb within minutes through bronchoscopy.

“The child named Ariba from Chiplun, which is around 260 km south of Mumbai, swallowed a LED bulb while playing with a toy mobile. The parents presumed that she swallowed a thread or a mobile pin. This lead to a persistent cough and fever, so her parents took her to local physicians but her condition remained unchanged. An X-Ray then revealed foreign body in the right bronchus (lung). After a week they brought their child to our hospital for treatment,” said Dr. Minnie Bodhanwala, CEO Wadia Hospital.

 “Antibiotics were given and primarily when a bronchoscopy was done the complete bronchus was full of granulation tissue that was on account of the prolonged lodging of this foreign body. An intravenous course of antibiotics and steroids were given for 2 days to clear the infection and granulations of the airway which blocked the foreign body. Following this bronchoscopy was repeated and within 2 minutes this foreign body (only a wire strand was seen from the scope) was removed using forceps. To our surprise this happened to be a 2 cm LED bulb, which has not been seen after even thousands of scopies done here,” stated Dr. Divya Prabhat, Head of ENT department at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital, who conducted the procedure.

The toddler has been discharged and is doing fine now, he added.

Ariba’s father Khan says, “We thank Wadia Hospital team as they saved my daughter’s life. We were completely unaware of the fact that our child swallowed LED bulb, but the doctors here diagnosed it accurately and immediately took corrective measures.”

Other News done by Goal-Post Media published in international publications:





https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5424875/lightbulb-lung-baby-led/




Comments

  1. Superbly written article. if only all bloggers offered the same content as you. the internet would be a far better place.jogos friv gratis 2019
    Jogos 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few weeks ago, someone noticed how attached we are to our rats, wondering how we could go through the heartbreak of loving animals with such a short lifespan. I didn’t know how to answer as we haven’t yet gone through the experience.
    kizi games 2 unblocked
    free games online 2019
    friv Games for kids 2019

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without knowing the backstory of Clapton's son's death inspiring such a beautiful lyric of loss, one would underestimate the depth of grief packed into the poetry. As romantic lyric-- which it is entirely possible to be interpreted-- it is quite ordinary, indeed, bordering on the sentimental, but as a grieving father's vision of a dead child it is exquisitely, and most achingly sublime. And this is also a grown man's psychological response to loss that is irreparable.
    Jogos live
    jogos online 360
    io games net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Video poker appears almost the identical 카지노 사이트 whether or not it's performed on-line or offline. The sport has simple rules and is extraordinarily easy to play. It is important, however, to know the that means of each component and feature. To help you get a better grasp of the sport, we now have prepared an example of a typical person interface and the weather that it features. Playing whereas using video poker strategy is remarkably simple. All you need to|you must} do is obtain considered one of our poker strategy charts and follow it to find out|to search out} the best arms to play.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rare surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years

Rare  surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 15 th  March 2018 A mishap when he was barely one year old in the year 1979, left 39-year-old Rajendra Panchal of Pune in the state of Maharashtra in India, not only with a very narrow mouth but also turned him into an introvert after facing taunts for his facial looks from those around him. With barely able to open his mouth, Rajendra had been living on a liquid diet for the past 38 years till a chanced visit to a dentist for a severe toothache set him on a chain of action, culminating in a rare surgery to open his mouth and enable him to eat solid food after 38 long years. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. J B Garde who conducted the corrective surgery on Rajendra says, “It is a rare case seen 1 in 25 lakhs. However, normally in such cases it is diagnosed and treated without much delay. But, here, the patient has persisted with the condition for 38

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: 7 February 2021  A glacial burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state in India on February 7 has caused massive havoc on its downhill path along the Dhauliganga and Rishiganga rivers.  The disaster occured after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand.  The Tapovan power plant being constructed over the Dhauligana river and the Rishiganga power project across the Rishiganga river -- a tributary of Dhauliganga -- have been damaged completely with sludge overwhelming the projects, say local officials.  Over 150 people are said to have lost their lives in this disaster and scores are missing. Ten bodies have been recovered so far from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) power project site at Tapovan, said the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials. The missing persons are believed to be labourers working at the dam sites and villagers along the river. T

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.