Skip to main content

Lesson from Kerala floods : Human activities, climate change has disastrous effects on environment

  Lesson from Kerala floods : Human activities, climate change has disastrous effects on environment   Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 19 October 2021   Overexploitation of natural resources and haphazard development by humans has led to climate change, resulting in long-lasting consequences on the environment. This is increasing health hazards and natural disasters, and more, day by day. The torrential flooding being witnessed recently in the state of Kerala in India is a prime example of this, say many experts.   This is not the first time that Kerala, a state of 34 million people, has been devastated by floods. It saw the worst floods in a century in 2018 when severe rains caused flash floods and landslides, killing nearly 500 people and leaving a million homeless. The following year, more than 125 people were killed in flash floods and landslides across the state. More than 50 were killed in August last year after landslides struck the hilly Munnar region.   The latest spell of torrential

Boy falls off three storeys of a building and cheats death


Boy falls off three storeys of a building and cheats death



Sagaya Fernando
Mumbai: 13 November 2018


True to the anonymous saying ‘Angles are never too distant to hear you’, an 11-year-old boy experienced this first hand, surviving a fall from the third floor of a building. Incidentally, he fell on top of his friend and both escaped without a single injury.

The incident took place on November 11 at around 7.13 pm in the small town of Pusad in Maharashtra, India. Three boys enjoying their Diwali vacation were flying a kite and it got stuck in the external pipe three storeys high of a nearby building. 11-year-old Swapnil Jagre climbed the pipe to release the kite. After freeing the kite, he slipped off the pipe and plummeted to the ground 40 feet below.

Luckily, at that moment, one of the friends who had rushed to collect the falling kite, bent down to pick it up, and Swapnil fell right on his back and rolled off to the ground. Miraculously, both of them escaped without a scratch or injury. The whole incident was captured on the CCTV camera of a nearby building.

When the boys reported about the incident to their family members none of them believed it as both the boys did not show any sign of injury. It was only after the CCTV footage surfaced and went viral the parents realized the gravity of the incident. “Seeing the footage, I can only say that it is by God’s grace my son’s friend broke his fall, and both of them escaped unscathed. It is like a second birth of my son,” said Swapnil’s mother Swati Jagre. 

Comments

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.
    Jogo quente 2019
    360 jogos
    io games 2019

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doctors remove 1 kg hairball from 6-year-old girl who weighed only 14 kgs

Video Link :-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsGZpcpWDs Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 18 September 2018 In a very rare medical case, doctors in India removed a lump of hairball weighing 1 kg and about a meter long from the stomach of a 6 year-old-girl who was suffering from trichophagia along with wheat allergy. The girl from Dad village on the outskirts of Ludhiana city in Punjab, India, was diagnosed with wheat allergy in April this year.  “Her parents brought her to me in the last week of August with severe abdominal pain and a lump in the stomach. They also informed that she has been eating her hair, which in medical terms is called trichophagia,” informed Dr Daljit Singh of Anmol Hospital, Ludhiana, who conducted the surgery. He further added, “She was very underweight and weak for her age. Though she was 6 years old, she weighed only 14 kilograms.” “We got an ultrasound test done which showed some mass in her stomach. Because of her history of e

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai:  March 14, 2018 In a rare case of foetus in foetu, a 20-days-old infant underwent surgery for removal of an underdeveloped foetus at Shalby Hospital in Ahmedabad – the capital of the state of Gujarat in India. The infant’s parents took him to the hospital on February 28 with an abnormal swelling in his abdominal area. Medical examinations revealed that the child had been suffering from the rare medical condition called retroperitoneal mature teratoma or foetus in foetu. The rare condition is defined as the presence of one of the twins in the body of the other. This condition occurs in one in five lakh cases and, only around 200 such cases have been recorded in medical history so far. Gastrointestinal Hepatobiliary Consultant and Liver Transplant Surgeon Dr. Bhavin Vasavada conducted the surgery. He said that the CT scan was showed the rare co

Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale

"Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale" For video click here:-  >  https://youtu.be/nOWbQMZCLWg Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: August 21, 2018 A snake rescuer in India almost paid with his life when a venomous cobra snake bit him while he was rescuing it. 35-years-old Tushar Patel of Dharampur town in Valsad district of Gujarat is lucky to be alive to tell his tale after being bitten by the venomous snake which he mishandled during the rescue. “For the past 14 years, I have been rescuing snakes in and around Dharampur. Till now I have rescued over 5000 snakes. Spectacled Cobra, Krait, Bamboo Pit Viper, Saw Scaled Viper and Russel’s Viper are some of the most poisonous snakes found in our area. On July 25, I got a call from workers in a scrap godown in Valod Faliya close to my house, about a Spectacled Cobra lurking there. I found the Cobra slithering near a parked car and was rescuing it when it suddenly bit me on my right ha