Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

Rescued Sloth bear makes a mad rush to freedom

Rescued Sloth bear makes a mad rush to freedom
 






Story by Sagaya Fernando
Mumbai: April 16, 2018


A wild sloth bear which had accidentally fallen into a dry well in a village near Melghat Tiger Reserve in Amravati district of the Indian state of Maharashtra was rescued successfully by the forest department officials, but it was not at all amused to be trapped in the well for quite some time in the searing Indian summer.

Residents of Jambli village near Dahigaon Recha in the district heard angry growls coming from a dry well and found that an Indian sloth bear had accidentally fallen into it, and immediately informed the forest department officials about it.

“We got a call from the residents of Jambli village that a sloth bear had fallen into a 30 to 35 feet dry well on April 5. Our rescue team rushed to the area and saw that a large crowd of onlookers had gathered around the well. It took some time to clear the crowd,” said Forest Guard Amol Gawner of the Amravati Division Rapid Rescue Unit.

He added, “After the crowd was cleared, we initially lowered a ladder into the well to enable the bear to climb out on its own. However, the agitated and tired bear did not do so. Then, we changed our approach and lowered a tree trunk into the well.”

Fortunately, though the bear was exhausted due to the beating summer heat, it was not hurt during the fall. Soon after the tree log was lowered into the well, the bear clambered out of the well and made a dash for freedom.


A video shot by one of the rescue team member shows the agitated but unhurt bear running blindly towards a couple of rescuers who were standing a little away from the well, scaring the wits out of them and making them run to safety. 

Comments

  1. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cool with the page and fine with it being an open page. I only bring it up because there was recently a thread on the page discussing the open nature of the page. During that thread it was pointed out that the church opted not to operate a facebook page and so several congregants began and administer the page. There seemed to be a lot of folks who were surprised or had forgotten that the page was unofficial.
    kizi Games free
    free games
    friv school Games 2019

    ReplyDelete
  3. The true test will come when I tell them the white on the outside of the meat is a natural edible mold called Penicillim. If they keep eating despite this then I know we have an undisputed winner.
    Jogos 2019
    360 jogos
    friv 4 school Games for kids 2019

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rare surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years

Rare  surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 15 th  March 2018 A mishap when he was barely one year old in the year 1979, left 39-year-old Rajendra Panchal of Pune in the state of Maharashtra in India, not only with a very narrow mouth but also turned him into an introvert after facing taunts for his facial looks from those around him. With barely able to open his mouth, Rajendra had been living on a liquid diet for the past 38 years till a chanced visit to a dentist for a severe toothache set him on a chain of action, culminating in a rare surgery to open his mouth and enable him to eat solid food after 38 long years. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. J B Garde who conducted the corrective surgery on Rajendra says, “It is a rare case seen 1 in 25 lakhs. However, normally in such cases it is diagnosed and treated without much delay. But, here, the patient has persisted with the condition for 38

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: 7 February 2021  A glacial burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state in India on February 7 has caused massive havoc on its downhill path along the Dhauliganga and Rishiganga rivers.  The disaster occured after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand.  The Tapovan power plant being constructed over the Dhauligana river and the Rishiganga power project across the Rishiganga river -- a tributary of Dhauliganga -- have been damaged completely with sludge overwhelming the projects, say local officials.  Over 150 people are said to have lost their lives in this disaster and scores are missing. Ten bodies have been recovered so far from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) power project site at Tapovan, said the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials. The missing persons are believed to be labourers working at the dam sites and villagers along the river. T

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.