Skip to main content

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.

Elephant calf falls into well in India, rescued successfully by flattening the well.

Story by Sumesh Rajan

Mumbai: March 9, 2018







Elephant calf falls into well in India, rescued successfully by flattening the well.


A one-and-a-half-year-old wild elephant calf accidentally fell into a 10 feet deep well on March 7 night at a village in the south Indian state of Kerala and was successfully rescued by the forest department officials.

Around 8 pm, residents of Koovapara village in Kothamangalam circle of Ernakulam district heard the agitated trumpets of wild elephants and assumed something tragic had taken place. While investigating the reason, they found that a baby elephant had fallen into the private well of Thopakuri Moheedin and was struggling to clamber out.

The villagers then informed the forest department officials who rushed to the site.

“The calf was part of a herd of wild elephants moving from one part of Pooyamkutty forest to another when it accidentally fell into the private well located in the village close to the forest. We brought in a JCB earthmover and flattened the wall of the well paving a path for the calf to successfully climb out and join its herd which was standing vigil in the forest nearby,” said Kuttampuzha Forest Range Officer S Rajan who was part of the rescue operation.

In the video footage taken by a villager, the baby elephant can be initially seen struggling in knee-deep water inside the well, and later make a rush to the forest after the well’s wall were broken at around 3 am on March 8. 



Comments

  1. I am curious to find out what blog system you are utilizing? I'm having some small security problems with my latest site and I'd like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any suggestions?jogos friv gratis 2019
    Jogos 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete
  2. So instead of sipping his morning coffee with a heavy heart and feeling paralysed by helpless rage, he chose to make it the subject of his next painting: a composition in monochrome that arrests the moment of the collapse of a city to immortalize it in the collective consciousness of the twentieth century, as a metaphor for the crumbling of the values of civilization and humanity itself.
    kizi games 2 unblocked
    free online games 2019
    friv for school 2019

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that I'd never have to go back to the soul sucking corporate life again and I knew I could achieve that by helping others find their confidence again! That was one of my main motivating factors. Well that and working from home in my pjs
    Friv Jogos
    360 jogos gratis
    io games net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rare surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years

Rare  surgery helps man to open mouth and eat solid food after 38 long years Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 15 th  March 2018 A mishap when he was barely one year old in the year 1979, left 39-year-old Rajendra Panchal of Pune in the state of Maharashtra in India, not only with a very narrow mouth but also turned him into an introvert after facing taunts for his facial looks from those around him. With barely able to open his mouth, Rajendra had been living on a liquid diet for the past 38 years till a chanced visit to a dentist for a severe toothache set him on a chain of action, culminating in a rare surgery to open his mouth and enable him to eat solid food after 38 long years. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. J B Garde who conducted the corrective surgery on Rajendra says, “It is a rare case seen 1 in 25 lakhs. However, normally in such cases it is diagnosed and treated without much delay. But, here, the patient has persisted with the condition for 38

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path

Glacial burst wrecks havoc on its downhill path Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: 7 February 2021  A glacial burst in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state in India on February 7 has caused massive havoc on its downhill path along the Dhauliganga and Rishiganga rivers.  The disaster occured after a portion of the Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand.  The Tapovan power plant being constructed over the Dhauligana river and the Rishiganga power project across the Rishiganga river -- a tributary of Dhauliganga -- have been damaged completely with sludge overwhelming the projects, say local officials.  Over 150 people are said to have lost their lives in this disaster and scores are missing. Ten bodies have been recovered so far from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) power project site at Tapovan, said the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials. The missing persons are believed to be labourers working at the dam sites and villagers along the river. T

Doctors save man pierced in a freak accident by 5-feet long rod through the neck

    Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 6 November 22   A team of doctors at Apollo Multispecialty hospital in Triuchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India, saved the life of a 33-years-old man whose neck was pierced through by a feet long iron rod.   Karthikeyan, a resident of Ariyamangalam in the city, was watering the concrete slabs on the first floor of his under-construction house when he accidentally slipped and fell 15 to 20 feet down, on October 15. As he fell, a 5 feet long iron rod with serrated edges pierced through his neck and came out from the back.   “Within fifteen minutes of the mishap, his relatives rushed him to our hospital which is in close vicinity,” informed Apollo Multispecialty Hospital, Triuchirappalli, Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon Dr Mohamed Mansoor, who led the operating team.   “On evaluation in emergency, it was seen that he had a 5 feet long iron rod penetrating into the anterior aspect of neck and exiting the posterior aspect of neck.