Skip to main content

Motorists’ narrow escape from charging elephant

Motorists’ narrow escape from charging elephant Sumesh Rajan 25 November 2021 With widespread human expansion into the far reaches of jungles in the name of development, and wildlife facing shrinking habitats, man-animal conflicts are on the rise.  This endangers both the wildlife and human beings alike. Roads passing through forest areas are prone to such encounters.   In one such instance, a motorist driving on a road on the forest stretch near Athirappilly in Kerala state of India, in the night had a scare when a tusker came charging at his vehicle. The video taken by the person accompanying the vehicle driver presents a scary picture. As the vehicle passes through the unlit road, vehicles coming from the opposite side speed off in a hurry sending alarm bells in the car’s occupants, one of whom shouts at the driver to back down as a tusker comes charging at them.   The driver slows down, and immediately reverses the vehicle even as the elephant comes charging. Luckily, though it was

7-month-old toddler swallows LED bulb, Mumbai doctors remove it in 2 minutes


Story by Sagaya Fernando
Mumbai: January 25, 2018


Babies often enjoy the entertaining lights and sounds of electronic toys. Nevertheless, the harmless-looking toys could cause more harm than one could imagine if parents don’t pay special attention to make sure they stay safe for play. This is what happened to a 7-month-old child from Chiplun in the state of Maharashtra in India when she accidentally swallowed a LED bulb while playing with a toy mobile phone. Fortunately for her, doctors at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children in Mumbai examined the toddler and removed the bulb within minutes through bronchoscopy.

“The child named Ariba from Chiplun, which is around 260 km south of Mumbai, swallowed a LED bulb while playing with a toy mobile. The parents presumed that she swallowed a thread or a mobile pin. This lead to a persistent cough and fever, so her parents took her to local physicians but her condition remained unchanged. An X-Ray then revealed foreign body in the right bronchus (lung). After a week they brought their child to our hospital for treatment,” said Dr. Minnie Bodhanwala, CEO Wadia Hospital.

 “Antibiotics were given and primarily when a bronchoscopy was done the complete bronchus was full of granulation tissue that was on account of the prolonged lodging of this foreign body. An intravenous course of antibiotics and steroids were given for 2 days to clear the infection and granulations of the airway which blocked the foreign body. Following this bronchoscopy was repeated and within 2 minutes this foreign body (only a wire strand was seen from the scope) was removed using forceps. To our surprise this happened to be a 2 cm LED bulb, which has not been seen after even thousands of scopies done here,” stated Dr. Divya Prabhat, Head of ENT department at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital, who conducted the procedure.

The toddler has been discharged and is doing fine now, he added.

Ariba’s father Khan says, “We thank Wadia Hospital team as they saved my daughter’s life. We were completely unaware of the fact that our child swallowed LED bulb, but the doctors here diagnosed it accurately and immediately took corrective measures.”

Other News done by Goal-Post Media published in international publications:





https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5424875/lightbulb-lung-baby-led/




Comments

  1. Superbly written article. if only all bloggers offered the same content as you. the internet would be a far better place.jogos friv gratis 2019
    Jogos 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few weeks ago, someone noticed how attached we are to our rats, wondering how we could go through the heartbreak of loving animals with such a short lifespan. I didn’t know how to answer as we haven’t yet gone through the experience.
    kizi games 2 unblocked
    free games online 2019
    friv Games for kids 2019

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without knowing the backstory of Clapton's son's death inspiring such a beautiful lyric of loss, one would underestimate the depth of grief packed into the poetry. As romantic lyric-- which it is entirely possible to be interpreted-- it is quite ordinary, indeed, bordering on the sentimental, but as a grieving father's vision of a dead child it is exquisitely, and most achingly sublime. And this is also a grown man's psychological response to loss that is irreparable.
    Jogos live
    jogos online 360
    io games net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doctors remove 1 kg hairball from 6-year-old girl who weighed only 14 kgs

Video Link :-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsGZpcpWDs Sagaya Fernando Mumbai: 18 September 2018 In a very rare medical case, doctors in India removed a lump of hairball weighing 1 kg and about a meter long from the stomach of a 6 year-old-girl who was suffering from trichophagia along with wheat allergy. The girl from Dad village on the outskirts of Ludhiana city in Punjab, India, was diagnosed with wheat allergy in April this year.  “Her parents brought her to me in the last week of August with severe abdominal pain and a lump in the stomach. They also informed that she has been eating her hair, which in medical terms is called trichophagia,” informed Dr Daljit Singh of Anmol Hospital, Ludhiana, who conducted the surgery. He further added, “She was very underweight and weak for her age. Though she was 6 years old, she weighed only 14 kilograms.” “We got an ultrasound test done which showed some mass in her stomach. Because of her history of e

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India

In a rare surgery, underdeveloped fetus removed from a 20-days-old infant in India Story by Sagaya Fernando Mumbai:  March 14, 2018 In a rare case of foetus in foetu, a 20-days-old infant underwent surgery for removal of an underdeveloped foetus at Shalby Hospital in Ahmedabad – the capital of the state of Gujarat in India. The infant’s parents took him to the hospital on February 28 with an abnormal swelling in his abdominal area. Medical examinations revealed that the child had been suffering from the rare medical condition called retroperitoneal mature teratoma or foetus in foetu. The rare condition is defined as the presence of one of the twins in the body of the other. This condition occurs in one in five lakh cases and, only around 200 such cases have been recorded in medical history so far. Gastrointestinal Hepatobiliary Consultant and Liver Transplant Surgeon Dr. Bhavin Vasavada conducted the surgery. He said that the CT scan was showed the rare co

Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale

"Snake rescuer bitten by venomous cobra lives to tell the tale" For video click here:-  >  https://youtu.be/nOWbQMZCLWg Sumesh Rajan Mumbai: August 21, 2018 A snake rescuer in India almost paid with his life when a venomous cobra snake bit him while he was rescuing it. 35-years-old Tushar Patel of Dharampur town in Valsad district of Gujarat is lucky to be alive to tell his tale after being bitten by the venomous snake which he mishandled during the rescue. “For the past 14 years, I have been rescuing snakes in and around Dharampur. Till now I have rescued over 5000 snakes. Spectacled Cobra, Krait, Bamboo Pit Viper, Saw Scaled Viper and Russel’s Viper are some of the most poisonous snakes found in our area. On July 25, I got a call from workers in a scrap godown in Valod Faliya close to my house, about a Spectacled Cobra lurking there. I found the Cobra slithering near a parked car and was rescuing it when it suddenly bit me on my right ha